Hello children and parents,
I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year! I am really sorry that we are not back together in school, but hopefully it will not be too long before we can learn together again in class! In the meantime, we are going to have to do some remote learning so thank you to all the parents of St Peter class for their help and continued support!
This term, we are going to be learning some familiar Traditional Tales, so for each week, you will find a specific tab linked to a particular Traditional Tale. Within each tab, there will be lots of resources and ideas for work - parents, please do only what you and your child can manage - more resources = more choice but please don't feel you have to do it all! There should be enough choice for children, with the support of their parents, to be able to access work each day.
There are also some other tabs with specific links:
- The Oak National Academy website - lots of online lessons which you can access and hopefully may
- Photo Gallery - share in the fantastic work being done at home.
- Arctic & Antarctica - find out about these 2 regions.
- Safer Internet Day - activities to learn about staying safe online.
- Children's Mental Health Week 2021
- Story Time with Mr T!
- Phonics - Set 1 & 2 sounds and Red words PowerPoints as well as links to the RWI YouTube channel
and various phonics comics linked to Set 1 and 2 sounds.
- Physical Development - some physical activities to try as well as a link to Real P.E. and the Disney
Shake Up games.
- Purple Mash - user guide and link to the website.
- Understanding the World / STEM
- R.H.E. - some daily prayers and link to Ten:Ten Resources Online Parent Portal.
- Challenge Time
Possible Timetable for Home Learning
Children do not need to do massive amounts of sit-down work at home – remember in school, they have a lot of time to play and explore. We do short, sharp bursts of focused learning so they don’t become disengaged and uninterested.
*** This is only a suggested timetable – parents should adjust times accordingly around their working circumstances and their child’s capabilities. ***
Have fun with your learning and stay safe. Good luck!