For information regarding Speech and Language support in Kent please here.
Speech, language, and communication is important for:
- making friends
- understanding and controlling emotions or feelings.
Children and young people with speech, language, and communication needs (SLCN) may have difficulty with:
- forming sounds or words
- putting together sentences
- speech delay
- expressing their likes and dislikes
- learning to read
- understanding what others are saying
- talking with friends and family.
Additional advice and support
For further independent advice and support you can: